Tuesday, January 26, 2010

snooze button

So I'm late again - story of my life (or at least my daughters' but that's another story... moving on)

Really I was super busy this past weekend mostly being distracted but all good distractions. Then I would check email and outlook reminder would pop up "Blog" and I would hit the snooze button. Ah... just like sleeping in, except by days instead of minutes.

The important part though is not the blog, it's the actual writing. In that regard, I did write for a couple hours late sunday morning and I made it to write night on Monday.

Am I happy with the amount I wrote this week? Nope. I really wish I could spend all my spare time writing, perhaps get some of this stuff out of my head. I just really have so much to do on a daily basis and it's a lot of typical stuff, you know, life, family, work, bills, life ... but it's all complicated.

Even the things I want to be simple I manage to complicate. Maybe on some deep level it's what I do, what I desire, a way to grasp control and conform it just so once it's conformed I can get bored and move on. Or maybe I'm still just trying to grasp what's missing. Or maybe life is just complicated.

If I could only hit the snooze button on life and get caught up in the real world so I can spend more time playing in my stories. Then I would get in more writing. Then it wouldn't matter if I was late, because then time would have no meaning.

No comments: