Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Years! ~ Cheers to 2010!

So I dreamt that I left work to take a train. I wasn't sure where that train was going; 'up north' sounds about right. (Perhaps for a writer's retreat in a remote cabin?) I hurried to the station and through the station and down to the tracks, determined to catch it as the doors were closing. I didn't. I didn't feel determined enough so I missed the train. I went back to work.

This is the first day of a new decade and I feel extremely positive about it, so it's a bit disheartening to start with a dream that shows I lack determination... perhaps confidence? It was though, just a dream, and dreams can be used to set focus, to prepare and move forward.

There was a time when I could have lucid dreams. In them I would become aware I was dreaming and take control of the dream. This was not a lucid dream. But nonetheless, I will take what my inner self is telling me and use it to set the focus.

I have written my resolutions. The one connected to this blog is of course to write! I did take a little hiatus from my new writing regime as we got closer to the holidays but here starts 2010! I look forward to Write Night which is Monday night with a good friend. I have a sitcom in the works which I will enter into a contest or two this year, and I also hope to pen up a new short story and put some hours into one of my other in-the-works novels.

So now to put some pressure on myself. I will post my progress on this blog at least once a week. I have no idea if I will end up rambling about everything else or just stick to 'where I am with my writing goals' but at least once a week I will post something. Now I go to open outlook and put this on my calendar. Yes I'm determined but I am still a busy woman!

Cheers to 2010 ~ it's going to be a great year!

1 comment:

Writer256 said...

Perhaps....that train was the wrong train. So often we just get on the first thing that we see and it only brings us further from our goals.

All you can do is be prepared and when your train does come you will have the confidence to "mind the gap" and go for that ride.