Sunday, October 31, 2010

October passes...

It's official - October comes to an end and Halloween once again passes by which is sad, not only because now I have to bring in and put away all the Halloween decorations, but also because I also have leaves to rake, unfinished yard work, windows to winterize, and yeah the list goes on. Also, I had to put my heat on for the first time today - yep, Autumn has fully set in and winter is right around the corner!

However tempting it is just to let each dark evening claim the day and hibernate until warmer days, I have to keep active! So I am looking for snowshoes this year, more hiking, and hopefully some cross-country skiing this winter!

Also though, I can look forward to cozy evenings with my netbook and my stories. Time to put away the "summer excuses" and get writing on a more regular schedule - with hot cocoa of course! Yes - October may feel like another year is slipping past but it's been a great year and during these darker months... well within darkness there is the unknown and with the unknown there are endless possibilities!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Mannix said...

Aww. You make autumn sound so dreary. Personally, I love this time of year! Actually, now's when I start making excuses not to write. LOL! You're right about the hot cocoa though.

Sam said...

Hmm... I guess I did make it sound dreary - and it's not so much the season itself because I do love the autumn colors and crunchy leaves and much more, but it was more the mourning of summer passing - because I love the outdoors and though there is still a lot to do outdoors during chilly days - the days are so short!