Thursday, February 11, 2010

writing, submitting, and toning!

One of my specific new year's resolutions is to actually submit stuff I write -something I really haven't ever done (minus a poem when I was a young teen). Well on Feb 10th - the deadline - I did submit my short story prompt for Writer's Digest Your Story contest! I am very excited about this. I almost missed the deadline because though I knew it was the 10th, someone had mentioned the 10th was Friday and I was thinking I still had a couple days. Luckily it clicked last night (at 9:00 pm) and with the help of my writing partner, I did my final edits and submitted and he did as well - think mine was entered at 10:00 & his at 11:00 and I was so stoked :)

On write night I didn't get much writing in but I did start my one page synopsis for my sitcom that I plan on entering into a contest or two as well. Most of the time during night write was spent flipping through books finding info on formulating a good synopsis.

I would say despite a lot of stress this past week and so much going on in my personal life, that I had a good week in terms of writing - albeit the same story I talked about last week and perhaps something someone else could have done in just a night or two and moved on, but I am very satisfied. Even as the story was pasted on the entry form I found myself making changes and I can accept that every time I look at something I write, I will be apt to make changes. Just can't let that slow me down.

Aside from writing and dealing with a lot in my personal life, I would like to step it up a notch in physical activities. I am linking this to writing in that I believe it will energize me and increase those feel-good endorphins and bring out more creativity. And I can use some good toning :)

No comments: