Friday, February 19, 2010

On writing...and flirting with the Wii

Back to working on my sitcom! During write-night I watched chapter 1 of Syd Field's Screenwriters Workshop on DVD. Then yesterday I spent a couple hours completing the exercise which was basically to write up a four page treatment but with very specific subheadings which helped to break it down. His DVD is focused on a script though and not television but the same principles in regards to beginning, middle, end and plot points. It actually only took me two pages, fair since it is a half hour sitcom. It's also a sloppy copy -which he said be willing to write a horrible treatment and not show anyone - and it is horrible! Although I would say that it helped me to analyze the sitcom and see a few most-needed changes.

I do think it will be episode one I will submit by May to the Writer's Digest competition, so will use this DVD to help with that. I will continue to write episode 2 & 3, which 2 is started and I know the events for it, just have to finish.

Today I head to the library shortly with Tia and her friend. While they look for the next vampire series (since they are caught up on twilight) I will work out some thoughts on another script I have -family/romantic comedy. Or maybe I will just try to get more of episode 2 in - decisions, decisions.

Oh on the toning, not bad at all. Been doing crunches and hand weights and every now and then I look at the Wii and think of the Wii fitness which has been neglected for almost a year now. It looks back and me and I swear it winks! I brush my foot over the fitness board and think how I can totally skip the part where it shows me my Wii fit age and go right for the steps or skiing. It does feel good when my little avatar jumps up and spins around all excited with my score. And it would justify the chunk of change I handed over to purchase it! :)

No comments: