Thursday, March 18, 2010

To the Future!

I had a great write night this past Monday. I picked up an old story that I had "tripped up" on and worked on that. I worked on it a little on Sunday also and then again tonight. Progress is slow but I'm moving forward. It takes place in the future and that has been the barrier. I like the idea for the story and I like the main character concept - but I would start and then think, oh wait, they wouldn't be doing that in a 100 years... and then spend a lot of time pondering, researching, futurizing, and lots of other things that didn't involve writing. So now I have a mind set that I will not worry about "futurizing" at all, I will just pound out the basic story idea. No editing either. I have like over five copies of this story started with the highlights and cross outs, and changes indexed on the right. I really didn't know which was the one was the most current. So I just took one and wrote.

This is the having faith part. So I had to deal with rejection - not my lost. It was a great story and I have lots to offer so one little rejection isn't going to trip me up. In the end I know I am worth the time and effort. And I look forward to the happily ever after.

No comments: